The CDA works with a number of communities and partners throughout the county to provide rental housing for our citizens. Unfortunately, the demand for these essential programs far exceeds the funding available to make more opportunities accessible for all. While many waiting lists are closed, we have some openings at our project based communities, and those are listed below.
|To check your status on any of the waiting lists, click here. Please be prepared to enter your Social Security Number, Date of Birth, and Last Name. Due to the number of requests, at this time the best way to find out more information is to check your status by visiting the waiting list website. Thank you for your understanding!|
If you would like to stay updated, you may sign up for updates by visiting HousingLink to receive updates regarding waiting list openings (the link is right at the top of the page).
Important things to know about waiting lists:
- Scott County CDA has different waiting lists based on different types of housing and different funding sources.
- The CDA does not have emergency housing but there are a number of resources we recommend. Since the CDA’s programs operate off a waiting list which may be lengthy, you should contact other resources for assistance below:
- You must apply separately for each waiting list you are interested in, as each list has different eligibility requirements.
- You must be a US Citizen, or a non-citizen with eligible immigration status to apply for open waiting lists.
- If you need a special accommodation because of a disability, please contact the CDA at 952-402-9022 x222 or email the Reasonable Accommodation Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once the CDA receives your completed application, your information will be placed on the waiting list according to the date and time the application is received.
Various Waiting Lists & Openings
Scott County CDA owns Rural Development apartment buildings in Jordan and Belle Plain, MN. The apartment building in Jordan, called Britland (click here to view a brochure) has 1-3 bedroom units and the apartment building in Belle Plaine, called Belle Haven (click here to view a brochure) has an efficiency, 1 & 2 bedroom units. The USDA Rural Development provides some project-based rental assistance for residents, allowing residents to pay 30% of their adjusted income for rent. Although not all units have a subsidy, the rent without subsidy is below market rate. Applicants must meet income guidelines established by Rural Development. Applicants must also meet Scott County CDA eligibility requirements (rental, credit and criminal background checks).
To apply please select one of the following options:
- Click here to download the application.
- E-mail your request for an application to email@example.com; or
- Call 952-402-9022 and request an application be mailed to you; or
- Request an application in person at the CDA office located at 323 Naumkeag St. S (click for a Google map)
- CDA Office Hours are Monday-Thursday between 8:00-4:15 pm and in the summer months our Friday hours are 8:00 am to 11:45 am
Scott County CDA administers the HUD-funded project-based voucher program. The program offers units in Prior Lake, Savage, and Shakopee which include apartments, townhomes, duplexes and single-family homes. Scott County CDA both owns the properties and administers the rental subsidy. Applicants must meet income guidelines and cannot apply for specific cities. Renters will pay 30% of their adjusted income for rent. The housing subsidy stays with the housing unit, however. Applicants must also meet Scott County CDA eligibility requirements (rental, credit and criminal background checks).
Housinglink.org provides current affordable rental information and information on other open waiting lists.
If you are homeless and a resident of Scott County, please contact:
Scott County single adults age 26+ and families age 18+
CAP Agency – 952-496-2125 X 0 ask for housing services
Scott County youth without minor children ages 18-25
Launch Ministry – 952-261-4606
The CDA owns scattered site workforce units in different cities across Scott County. There are 2, 3, and 4 bedroom units. A small portion of the workforce units accepts rental assistance based on income guidelines. The majority of the units, however, offer affordable market-rate rentals and have no income limits.
When there are openings in one of the CDA Workforce Housing units, they will be advertised on this website and Craigslist, so please check back.
The CDA administers the HUD-funded Housing Choice Voucher/Section 8 Program. This is a rental subsidy program that assists participants with their monthly rental payments. Participants locate a rental unit in the private marketplace and pay between 30-40% of their income towards the rent. To apply for the program, the waiting list for the program must be open. Unfortunately, the waiting list opens infrequently because of limitations in the amount of vouchers the Scott County CDA is allowed to administer.
To receive e-mail alerts regarding waiting list openings at the CDA or other housing authorities, visit HousingLink to sign up (the link is right at the top of the page). Also, you may click here to see a map of other housing authorities who administer Housing Choice Voucher/Section 8 in the Twin Cities metro area.
To learn more about the Housing Choice Voucher Program, click here.
The CDA owns a public housing apartment building in Prior Lake, MN called Prior Manor Apartments (click here to view a brochure). The buildings offer 1 bedroom units to seniors age 62 or older and disabled individuals. The units are HUD-funded, allowing residents to pay 30% of their adjusted income towards rent. All applicants must meet HUD income guidelines and other eligibility criteria as outlined below.
- 62 and older or disabled individuals.
- Must qualify income per household size
- US Citizen or non-citizen with eligible immigration status
To apply for the program, the waiting list must be open. Waiting list openings will be advertised in all Scott County newspapers and posted on www.housinglink.org.
Rural Housing Application Packet
Homeless Coordinated Entry
Additional housing crisis resources
Additional housing resources
Housing authority waiting list
Emergency assistance information
Housing and Urban Development
Fair Housing discrimination resources