Affordable Housing Advocacy
The CDA support initiatives that enable everyone to have an opportunity to have a home they can afford. Especially for low- to moderate-income families and individuals, it’s easily the most important aspect to create stability in all other areas of life. With the affordable housing crisis impacting lower-income households, in particular, it’s more important than ever for citizens to get involved.
Below are links for several organizations that provide information on the growing demand for affordable housing and how stable housing can make low-income children and families not only survive, but thrive.
If you have questions about affordable housing in Scott County, please contact us. We are happy to speak with you and your group to help raise awareness and education around housing, and how citizens can get involved. To sign up for email updates, please scroll to the bottom of the page and add your name.
- National Housing Conference/Center for Housing Policy
- Minnesota Compass
- Family Housing Fund
- Minnesota Housing Partnership
- Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
- ReThink Why Housing Matters
- Make Room
- Heading Home Scott-Carver Counties
- Minnesota Chapter of the National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials (NAHRO)
- Joint Center for Housing Studies of Harvard University
How you can help
Are you interested in becoming an ally in the effort to create more affordable housing options in Scott County? We'd love to hear your ideas! Please email us to start the conversation.Email Us