The Scott County Center for Entrepreneurship (CFE) is pleased to announce that three Scott County CFE Business Partners and past FAST-TRACK Challenge winners have been selected as SEMI-FINALISTS for the MN CUP! Hundreds of applications were submitted for this state-wide business competition, a community-led, public-private partnership supporting Minnesota’s entrepreneurs. Click here to visit the Carlson School’s MN Cup website.
Education and Training Category, Baby Know was a 2021 Scott County FAST-TRACK Challenge 2nd Place Winner. They provide new parents with a holistic approach to their child’s development, including information, tools, and strategies to create strong parent-child relationships, incorporate developmental milestones, and nurture emotional well-being for all family members.
Life Science/ Health IT, IntelligentRx was a 2020 Scott County FAST-TRACK Challenge Runner-up. The company is a healthcare savings innovation company with a mission to increase access to affordable healthcare for everyone. IntelligentRx has developed an online pricing tool to make prescriptions affordable.
General Category, Steelhead Outdoors is the 2021 Scott County FAST-TRACK Challenge Winner. The company designs and builds customizable and configurable American-made modular gun safes.
The next steps for the companies in the MN Cup competition follow:
- Semi-finalists will be paired with MN Cup mentors on June 2nd. Companies can access 15 free workshops and educational sessions, state-wide exposure and press coverage, and opportunities to meet with investors and strategic partners.
- Semi-finalists prepare a pitch deck, business plan, and one-minute video for their company, with round two materials due July 25th.
- In August, the division judges will score and select finalists. Three companies from each category will be selected.
- Finalists’ pitches (12-minute pitch & 18-minute Q&A) will be held August 30th, 31st and September 1st. The top 3 in each division receive coaching and up to $25,000 in seed capital.
- Division winners (the top one in each category) present pitches to a grand prize review board on September 16th, with the final award ceremony on September 19th. The grand prize winner takes home $50,000!
While these three FAST-TRACK Challenge winners prepare for the next rounds of the MN Cup, the CFE is preparing for the 6th Annual Scott County FAST-TRACK Challenge. The event will be held Thursday, October 13, 2022, at Savage City Hall. Entrepreneurs and 1st stage businesses (0-5 years old) are encouraged to apply online. The application deadline is August 31, 2022.
Contact Jo Foust for more information. And congratulations to these Scott County CFE companies!