SCOTT COUNTY EXECUTIVE ORDER 20-99 RELIEF PROGRAMS
In recent state action, Scott County was awarded $2.9 million in COVID-19 related relief funds to allocate to local private and non-profit businesses impacted by the State of Minnesota Executive Order 20-99 (EO 20-99), which went into effect November 20, 2020. The County Board authorized this to go out as soon as possible, and specific information will be provided below and updated as available. The relief program has two parts:
1. $2.5M in Business Assistance for businesses impacted by Executive Order 20-99:
An emergency grant program to support and assist local businesses specifically impacted by EO 20-99
2. $350k in Landlord and Rental Property Owner Assistance:
An emergency grant program to support and assist local landlords and rental property owners with one-time assistance to cover unpaid December and January rent and fees.
Link to Apply - Business Assistance
Applications opened on Monday, January 4, 2021 at 8:00 AM and applications will be processed and awarded by the fund administrator, NextStage, on a rolling basis weekly until all funds are disbursed or until March 8, 2021 at 5:00 PM.
** As of Monday, January 11, applications to the Business Assistance Program may now have exceeded the available funds. Current applications still need to be reviewed and we are keeping this application portal open and invite you to apply; we will maintain a waiting list for grants if additional funding becomes available.
Click the Apply Now – Business Assistance button below or click here to apply.
Link to Apply - Landlord and Rental Property Owner Assistance
Applications opened on 1/4/2021 at 5:00 am. Applications are being accepted through Housing Link.
** Applications to the Landlord and Rental Property Owner Assistance Program have exceeded the available funds. Scott County is continuing to look for resources to assist landlords with unpaid rent. We are keeping this application portal open and invite you to apply; we will maintain a waiting list for grants if additional funding becomes available.
To apply for landlord or rental property owner assistance, please click the Apply Now – Landlords button below or click here.
RELIEF PROGRAM DETAILS
The program is intended to provide relief payments to restaurants, bars, gyms, and other similar businesses who have been partially or fully closed – as a result of EO 20-99, Section 7.
Businesses that were indirectly impacted by EO 20-99, which is defined as a business that primarily derives income from sales of goods and services to businesses that were directly closed as a result of EO 20-99, are also eligible to apply for this program.
Businesses mentioned above along with convention centers and movie theaters who received appropriation payments directly from the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development (MN DEED) and the Minnesota Department of Revenue (MN DOR) are also eligible to apply for these local county relief funds.
Nonprofit and community asset businesses, such as bars or restaurants operated by a VFW Post or American Legion Post, community fitness centers, ice arenas, and other entities that earn revenue similar to a for-profit business that had to cease operations due to EO 20-99 are also eligible for this program.
Businesses who received earlier Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act assistance, including the Scott County COVID-19 Business Recovery Grants, are eligible for this program, but you must apply again for this new program to be eligible for these funds.
Funds awarded shall be used for working capital to support critical expenses that were incurred during the shutdown (November 20, 2020 through present) such as current payroll obligations, rent payments, mortgage payments, utility bills, payments to suppliers, and other similar expenses that occur in the regular course of business.
Benefits available to Scott County, Minnesota businesses under this program include:
• Up to $7,500 for homebased businesses directly and indirectly (as defined under the program terms) impacted by EO 20-99
• Up to $15,000 grant for businesses directly and indirectly (as defined under the program terms) impacted by EO 20-99
Actual awards will be based on a qualified applicant’s average monthly business expenses (and may be less than the maximum grant listed above). See requirements for application below.
Full guidelines and eligibility requirements:
Business Assistance Program Guidelines (PDF) – Updated 12/30/2020
FAQ Document (Updated 12/31/2020) – please note the updated date on the document. It should match the date shown here. You may need to refresh to see the current version.
Application Process for Executive Order 20-99 Business Assistance Program
• Applications will be accepted online only starting at 8:00 a.m. on Monday, January 4, 2021
• Applications will be processed and awarded by the fund administrator, NextStage, on a rolling basis weekly until all funds are disbursed, or until March 8, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
• Application link can be found <HERE> when the applications are open.
• When an application is activated for the review process, the business applicant will receive an email from NextStage (email@example.com) requesting documentation to verify eligibility. The applicant must submit the necessary documents within 5 business days from the email notification delivery date in order to retain the position of the business in the application queue – applicants will be processed on a rolling first come, first served basis.
• Once applications are reviewed and approved, applicant will need to sign a grant agreement document before funds will be disbursed.
Application Question Preview – As reference, here is a look at what the online questions will be so you can be prepared and know what information will be needed at the time of application.
^^ This was updated 12/31/2020 to include the certification statement. Please refresh your screen once the document opens to make sure you have the most current version.
Application opened on 1/4/2021 at 5:00 am through Housing Link.
To help cover costs of unpaid rent and/or fees, Scott County rental property owners can apply for housing assistance funds on behalf of tenants financially impacted by COVID-19.
Landlords/Property Managers Must Complete this Application (not the renters).
1. Rental property is in Scott County.
2. Unpaid rent and fees in December, 2020 and/or January 2021.
3. COVID-19 hardship that caused unpaid rent and fees in December and/or January.
4. The tenants who are behind on rent currently live in the unit.
- Units with Section 8 Housing Choice Vouchers (and similar voucher programs)
- Project Based Section 8 Units
** Applications to the Landlord and Rental Property Owner Assistance Program have exceeded the available funds. Scott County is continuing to look for resources to assist landlords with unpaid rent. We are keeping this application portal open and invite you to apply; we will maintain a waiting list for grants if additional funding become available.
For more information and to apply for the landlord and rental property owner program, please visit: https://housinglink.org/List/scott-county-rental-property-support-program
Connecting to Resources
For questions about the program itself, please contact Lisa Freese with Scott County or Stacy Crakes, Business Development Director with the Scott County CDA.
For technical assistance with your business program application or business program related questions, please contact NextStage at firstname.lastname@example.org
For technical assistance with your landlord or rental property owner application or program related questions, please visit Housing Link
Scott County libraries are equipped to assist with submitting electronic applications by providing access to computers, scanning assistance, etc. Please contact your local library branch for more information.
Scott County offers free interpreter services upon request. Please email email@example.com
Para asistencia / firstname.lastname@example.org /
Yog xav tau kev pab / email@example.com /
Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay / firstname.lastname@example.org
Если вам нужна помощь / email@example.com