Public Housing

The Public Housing Program provides affordable housing to individuals and families with low to moderate incomes. The Scott County CDA owns and manages public housing rental units throughout Scott County including apartments, townhomes, duplexes and single-family homes.

The Federal aid that the Scott County CDA receives from the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) enables renters to pay 30% of their adjusted income for rent. The housing subsidy stays with the public housing unit.

Program Requirements

Applicants must meet income guidelines established by HUD. Applicants must also meet Scott County CDA eligibility requirements (rental, credit and criminal background checks).

One Bedroom for 62 years and over and/or disabled:
For more information
click here.
For the pre-application form,
click here.


Current Public Housing Waiting List Applicants


You are welcome to call our new WAITING LIST LINE at 1-888-302-1869 to check your status on the waiting list.  Please be prepared to enter your SSN and birth date.  This automated system will provide you with a numerical position on the waiting list.  Please be advised it will not provide a timeframe for coming to the top of the list, NOR can CDA staff determine when you will come to the top of the list.

Unfortunately, we do not know when your name will come to the top of the list or when a unit will be available for you.

When your name does come to the top of the list, we notify you in writing, so it is important that you provide us any changes in your address. This needs to be in writing, by mailing it, faxing it, or dropping it off at the CDA office. Click here for an address change form.

Please be aware that the CDA does not provide emergency housing.

Many have asked for the addresses of our public housing properties. The CDA owns public housing units in Shakopee, Savage, and Prior Lake. We have a variety of unit sizes (1-5 bedrooms) and types of housing (apartments, townhomes, single family homes). Once your name comes to the top of the list and your application is approved, you would be offered the first available unit. You are not able to pick which unit you would like to live in.

Frequently asked Questions:

I am homeless.  Can you help me faster?
No.  The CDA does not have emergency housing.  We refer all people to the CAP Agency: 952-496-2125.

How long will it be before I get housing?
It is hard to tell.  Waiting time is determined by the bedroom size required for the household; eligibility for local admission preferences, and when current households move out.  It is not possible to give you a timeframe of when you may be housed.

How does the CDA contact me when my name is at the top?
In writing.  If you move, you need to write the CDA and give your new address.  If our office cannot contact you at the address you last provided, your name will be removed from the waiting list, and you will have to re-apply when the waiting list is open. 

Will the CDA contact me at any other time?
Yes.  Each May, the CDA will contact you to see if you want to stay on the waiting list.  You must respond to this notice or your name will be removed from the waiting list. 

Click here for an address change form

Contact Information

  For more information contact Melissa x214 or Julie x225 at the CDA Office
Scott County CDA
323 S Naumkeag Street
Shakopee MN 55379